Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Goodie Mob Reunion Show....


words & photo by Brandi Pettijohn

Admittedly, living in Atlanta being from Los Angeles and having a brief stint in a Philly suburb I wasn't into down south music. I knew about Edward J, UGK and my brother listened to Pastor Troy and to me everybody and their momma's was "signed" to LaFace. By the time 559 was a staple in the dirty south scene, I wasn't really feelin it. By then I knew that music as "some bama shit" and I was listening to WuTang, Redman, Mobb Deep, MOP, and stayed mobbin with my West Coast folks Cube, Dre and Snoop. Then Goodie Mob came along...yea I said it, I fuc'd with Kast but I sort of missed their coming. I appreciated Outkast and I liked the saying hootie hoooo!, but really I didn't get hip to them until I was living in New York and the Atliens album came out - but that's another story. READ

No comments: