Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Brandi Pettijohn: Doc the Artist with Lil John Roberts


Words and photo by Brandi Pettijohn

When I first met John Roberts, Jay Carter the founder of Sol Fusion set me up to photograph the Chronicle after a long hiatus apart. I believe they said it was the only time they did a shoot like that. I was still quite wet behind the ears (and the image is on another hard drive somewhere around here). At any rate sometime later I was showing my work at Soul Sista's Juke Joint and I ran into John again, and as I say in the doc he remembered me. Now I know that this man has toured with Janet Jackson played with Rachel Ferrell and gets props from the likes of Sheila E; so the fact that he remembered little ole me....well, I was flattered. READ

1 comment:

Brandi Pettijohn said...

thanks I look forward to you checking it ...